Not too long ago I suggested you visit some of my favourite blogs. One of the blogs I mentioned was Münchow’s Creative Photo Blog by Otto von Münchow. My admiration for Otto’s amazing talent has steadily increased with each post. It will come as no surprise how honoured I am to find that Otto has recently nominated me for the “Kreativ Blogger Award”.
“What’s that?”, you say. Good question. My knowledge of this award, I admit, was…well… OK, I had no knowledge of this, so I figured I had better find out. The nearest I can find out is that it was started in May of 2008 in a post by a Norwegian woman: Hulda Husfrue . My understanding is ( it is written in Norwegian and sadly I am not fluent), through various “interpretations”, that it started as a way to congratulate and encourage fellow bloggers on the work they do. Kind of a “Pay It Forward” for bloggers. These are the most consistant basic rules I have found:
- You must thank the person who has given you the award.
- Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
- Link the person who has nominated you for the award.
- Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
- Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.
- Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
- Leave a comment on each of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated.
The most difficult part for me is the things about me. I am pretty straightforward so there isn’t much about me you don’t already know, so here goes…
– I was once struck by lightening and lived to tell the tale. My only witness was hit as well, so credibility is questionable.
– I have a “thing” about purses. Some would say, “green purses” but I am not prejudice, I love all colours.
– I am more comfortable wandering around the Las Vegas strip than I am in my own neighbourhood. (I know… that’s just weird.)
– I love, love, love Irish Wolfhounds and have wanted one since I met a redheaded one named Rocky at an Irish Festival many years ago.
– Vampire stories are my favourite.
– I am addicted to Hawkins Cheezies and have had to partake in rehab for that.
– A simple act of kindness can make me weep like a baby.
My Nominations Are:
- The Maya Guesthouse Project
- Pat Bean’s Blog
- Craig The Critic
- Blog Zombies Blog
- All Doves Journey
- The West Agency
- Winnipeg O’My Heart
Many thanks, Otto, for nominating me. I am honoured.